From: Rick Root [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 2:52 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: clustering issue

I have a CF8 cluster set up, and one of my instances just locked up on
me for unknown reasons (at this time).

While the instance was nopt responding, new requests coming into the
web site received no response, instead of being directed to the
'working" instance.  Once I successfully stopped the errant instance,
requests went through to the other instance just fine.

Why is this?  Shouldn't the listener know that one of the clusters is
not responding and direct the requests to the other?

Or am I giving the coldfusion clustering capabilities way too much
credit.

My installation is CF8 Enterprise on Windows 2K3, installed in
multi-server mode.