In addition to that, you might want to check out Sarge's blog and do
some jrun.xml tuning.  The problem with relying on CF to time out
requests is that it doesn't work for third party calls.  So, what's a
third party call, you might ask?  Would you think that DB connections
would count as third party calls?  I wouldn't, but it turns out they
are.  Most of our hosted apps use Oracle stored procedures.  If the DB
goes down, or becomes unresponsive, those calls back up in a hurry.
Most of my FusionReactor termination activity comes from time outs
associated with DB calls that don't ever complete.

Matthew Williams
Geodesic GraFX
www.geodesicgrafx.com/blog