No, not really.  I put all my initialization logic in a separate
method of Application.cfc, and then invoke that method from
onRequestStart if certain conditions are met (usually the presence of
a "reloadApplication" URL param that is set to a specific value).

Note that this doesn't expire the application, it just reinitializes
it.  So any pre-existing application variables will continue to exist
unless your initialization explicitly overwrites or deletes them.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert