You can try putting most of your OnApplicationStart code into
cfinclude files and call those cfinclude file in some other reload
page. This has an advantage over calling OnApplicationStart again if
there are some things that OnApplicationStart does that you don't want
to do a second time, such as reinitializing a list of logged-in users.
If you just want to reload some application-scope variables or some
cached functions, calling the entire OnApplicationStart again might be
overkill. Another way to do this is to put conditionals in the
OnApplicationStart block that only reinitializes certain sections
depending on the input variables (commonly a URL variable).

My guess is that you don't actually want to expire the application in
order to reload a few variables. If you do want to expire the
application, there are ways to do this. Setting the application
timeout = 0 is one way.

-Mike Chabot