From: Ben Forta [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 11:49 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Adobe ColdFusion IDE survey

Claude,

To be brutally blunt, that's far too expensive an option. CF Studio (and
HomeSite) are built in a language that is used for almost nothing else
in the company, and keeping a team of Delphi developers on just for that
product is hard to justify. Plus, the reality is that we've done nothing
with that product in about 8 years, so the catch-up work that would be
required would be immense. We discussed this at MAX in Chicago
extensively, and the consensus seemed to be that a CF IDE needs to
either be Eclipse based (aligned well with Flex Builder and more) or
Dreamweaver based (or possibly both). There are actually quite a few
options available to us, and many have been enumerated already here. The
next step is to gather input and feedback to help determine which option
to pursue.