<rant>

It seems that many people step up on their soapbox and proclaim that <insert
tool here> does not perform <insert personal requirement here>.  The problem
that Adobe is trying to solve is a rather large one.  The CF community has a
very diverse user base, ranging from seasoned application developers
familiar with low level languages requesting tools available in those
languages to hobbyists who want a WYSIWYG environment.  We are a large and
diverse group, both in terms of skills and requirements.  I believe that
some people need to realize that their personal must have feature is not
necessarily even needed by other developers within this community.  There is
no one "right" answer to this very challenging problem, but I am happy that
Adobe is attempting to craft an IDE that will address all of our needs.

</rant>

My personal hope is that Adobe will develop an Eclipse based solution so
that we as a community can leverage the existing tools that exist for the
platform and do not need to rely on Adobe to provide every tool that we can
dream up.  Mark has done an amazing job with CFE, but at the end of the day,
he is still just one man.  With the weight (and money) of Adobe behind an
Eclipse based tool, we would all be very much better off IMHO.

Rich Kroll