On Jan 7, 2008 11:56 AM, Jerry Guido <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One of the features I absolutely love about Aptana and other Eclipse
> distros is having the methods and arguments of included libraries and
> classes available with Intellisense/code completion. If the methods and
> arguments of CFC's and objects were made available it would be a God
> send.

That would be impossible in general since CF is a dynamic language and
several important frameworks build objects on the fly. And then
there's duck typing and onMissingMethod() which both undermine the
ability to deduce available methods. That said, I agree that where it
is feasible to do so, it would be great if CFEclipse (or whatever)
could figure it out.

If I had bandwidth - or it was my full-time, well-paid job - I would
enjoy building that sort of semantic assistance into an Eclipse-based
editor for CF since I used to build compilers and interpreters for a
number of languages. It's a suitably hard problem to solve that it
would be a lot of fun :)
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood