Sean,

If you ever decide to get into it, there is a Dynamic Language Toolkit
(DLTK) which I've been looking into for a while now for help in
building IDEs for dynamic languages on Eclipse.

http://www.eclipse.org/dltk/

The language is about as sparse as they come, but they are very
helpful on the mailing list.

Mark