>the consensus seemed to be that a CF IDE needs to either be Eclipse based
>(aligned well with Flex Builder and more) or Dreamweaver based (or possibly
both)

My vote is Eclipse. I never liked DW and used CFS from it's start but
quickly switched to CFEclipse when it came about. CFEclipse needs a design
view to help those people that like the WYSIWYG look and feel, but other
than that it's a great IDE.

Upgrading DW or CFS is simply crazy in light of Delphi. That has been a long
standing problem and Macromedia never wanted to address it. It's simply time
for these IDEs to die off. We are, as programmers, 'creatures of habit' but
change is a good thing. It's time to move on. There will also be diehards in
this, but I think Adobe needs to make a decision and clear this up once and
for all.

Eclipse has a broader range support base. With Flex/AIR using Eclipse it
makes for a nice standard IDE for all these Adobe technologies. I'm also
assuming Adobe has some very experience Eclipse guys now. Given the cool
features in FB3, I could only assume Adobe could make CFEclipse even better.
It would be great if it were free, but frankly I make money with CF
development so I would have no problem paying a fair price for an IDE
specially if it helps keep the server pricing down.

John Mason
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
770.337.8363

www.FusionLink.com - ColdFusion and Flex hosting
Now offering ColdFusion 8 Enterprise hosting
FREE Subversion hosting