We have a little department that have a lot of our records stored in a SQL db
as RTF. We have created a search form that can display the results of the
search as links to the individual RTF files. What we would like to do is have a
button that would concatenate all the RTF into one PDF file for display or
print.

Is there a combination of Adobe products that we can get that would allow us to
essentially create a PDF on the fly from multiple RTF files? Or do you have
recommendation for other solutions/products that can help us achieve this. We
already have CF8.

It is my understanding that if we had PDF files instead of RTF, then one can
simply use the tag CFPDF to do the concatenation on the fly. However, this is
not an option for us. Right now, since there are a ridiculous amount of
archived RTFs and constant additions of new ones, it is not pratical to convert
all of them to PDF. Furthermore, since RTF is in ASCII, it is easy to store in
SQL, do searches on, and move about.

Converting RTF to HTML and then to PDF would work except for the bad formatting
job that type of conversion has proven to be.  Basically, the missing key step
is how to convert each RTF into PDF and then concatenate all the converted
files into one PDF.  And to do so in a reasonable time.

If the conversion from RTF to PDF could be held in RAM as a CF variable, that
would be ideal.

RTF to PDF on the fly?

-RB