On 1/24/08, Todd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> While I agree that account identifying information should be encrypted in
> the database, I don't agree that the church is responsible for the end
> user's stupidity of using the same username/password for every website out
> there.

I would agree, I use special passwords for any of my accounts that
involve credit cards, banks, etc....  I also use special passwords for
my email accounts.

then I don't worry about an unscrupulous web site manager running a
church web site using the password I give the site for anything
important.

In a world of paranoia, SSL is *NEVER* overkill for protecting logins
of any kind.  But sometimes, it's easy to decide that it's not worth
the $25/year - though that's really a small price to pay).

--
Rick Root
New Brian Vander Ark Album, songs in the music player and cool behind