Export the list as a quoted list, or make sure that the list delimiter
is not included in the values ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: Leitch, Oblio [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 8:52 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: escape commas from listToArray

OMG - I can't believe I have to ask this.  I can't seem to escape a
comma out of a list when converting to an array.  Here's an example:
<cfscript>
example="something 1, something 2,something,3, something 4, something
5";
</cfscript>
<cfdump var="#listToArray(example)#" output="browser">

I want to create an array with a length of 5.  I've tried everything I
can think of to keep that comma in the output.  I guess I'm not thinking
enough.  Some things I've tried and did't work:

something"",""3
something\,3
something#de(",")#3
something#chr(44)#3
something#de(chr(44))#3

Any thoughts?

This email message may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this email
message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email
message from your computer.

CAUTION: The Agency of Human Services cannot ensure the confidentiality
or security of email transmissions.