On 11/18/00, pan penned:
>If clientP is using App_1 on ServerA and
>     clientQ is using App_1 on ServerB,
>how likely is it, if at all, that the entries
>in CDATA/CGLOBAL are conflated?

I believe that you won't end up with the same cfid/cftoken pair under
the same application name. If the user is using cookies and goes from
one site to another, on the same or different machines, even if he
goes to a site using the same application name, his cookies shouldn't
be read because the domain names are different. If he's not using
cookies, unless you had a variable in a link pointing from one domain
to another domain using the same application name, and some way to
pick that variable up on the second domain, he should be read as a
brand new user and assigned a new cfid/cftoken.

That's simply my hypothesis. It shouldn't really work any different
than if you had a separate client var database for each machine.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452