Bud:

I assume you mean URL string not query string, and the answer is Yes.

I'm not using cookies and am instead passing CFID/CFTOKEN in the URL as
follows:

http://www.MyApp.com/index.cfm/CD.38230/CN.80270945

Modified Fusebox-style-wise, app_globals.cfm uses CD.38230 to assign 38230
to url.cfid and uses CN.80270945 to assign 80270945 to url.cftoken

This automatically maintains state because each user has unique URLs.

(This has the interesting side effect that spiders will see different URLs
on each visit.  I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.)

best,  paul