From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: February-04-08 5:13 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: File upload

Actually it was Robert who posted ServerFile post. I misunderstood your
post and thought that you wanted the file name that you are sending. My bad.

Anyway, I don't think this is possible with CF, but CF can rename the
file on it's own if there is a conflict. Just use the makeunique attribut.

Typically what I do is when I have a user upload a file, I have them
select the file they want to upload, and then I have another field for a
friendly name. So if the file is something like 2008budget.xls, I would
have them enter something like 2008 Budget. I enter the serverrfile name
into the table along with the friendly name. Then when I query the table
I show the friendly name to the user and then use the serverfile name
for the actual file name.

Bruce