> For cf8 on Windows platform, I wish it has an option of
> disabling remote admin access, that is, an option to make
> http://www.myDomain.com/cfide/administrator/index.cfm unavailable.
> I also wish, the cfadmin directory path is relative, hence,
> if one renames the 'administrator' directory to something
> else, the admin can still work.

The CF Administrator is just a web application. You can control or prevent
access to web applications through configuring your web server.

Typically, I do something like this:

1. Install CF using the built-in web server (listening on TCP/8300 or
TCP/8500).
2. After installation, configure an external web server to use CF.
3. Configure the external web server to disallow access to
/CFIDE/administrator.
4. Block external access to the built-in web server.

Alternatively, I might use a separate virtual web server to host the CF
Administrator, if for some reason I don't want to use the built-in web
server.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Fig Leaf Training: Adobe/Google/Paperthin Certified Partners
http://training.figleaf.com/

WebManiacs 2008: the ultimate conference for CF/Flex/AIR developers!
http://www.webmaniacsconference.com/