> >Umm... I was under the impression that a serializable transaction lock
> >would lock the table. If you omit the isolation, the database may not
>

> I've always referred to this article by simon when using transactions.
>
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/articles/cftransaction.html

Pretty consistent with my thinking... too bad those devnet articles
don't offer the opportunity to post blog-style comments. This was
written before the result attribute was added to cfquery, so he mentions
the long-time issue of people wanting to get an identity or autonumber
value from an inserted record, which used to be done primarily with
cftransaction (although scope_identity() was better if you were using a
more recent version of SQL Server since @@identity wasn't thread safe)...
but it'd be nice to be able to tag that article with a comment that
points to the cf8 docs for cfquery to point out that you don't have to
futz with all that anymore now that there's a result attribute.

--
s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
 isn't it time for a change?

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog