You don't necessarily need to nuke Galleon's logon system. What I did
for RIAForge was simply say:

If user is logged in to RIAForge, auto log them into Galleon with the
appropriate rules.

That was fairly easy. In a few places I had to mod code that got user
details (like a user's name).

You can download the entire code base for RIAForge if you want to see
this in action.