Thanks Ray.

I went with the easier method so that updates might be possible. I tossed all
galleon application.* settings into application.forums.* and all session.user
stuff into session.forums.user

I did the same sort of thing with blogCFC. I renamed application.cfm to
blogsettings.cfm and forumsettings.cfm respectively. I include those in
onapplicationstart() and stripped out the little request level stuff to
onRequestStart().

In the homegrown framework I did a cflogin in the existing login code with
galleon settings. When a user is added to the homegrown security, they are also
added to the galleon user table and given the base group. I believe this is
what you mentioned.

It took me all day, but it is up and running well. Thank god for the excellent
search and replace in eclipse. And thank you for your code! (A bigger thanks
would be a visit to your wishlist I imagine...)