Rick (and Dominic),

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I was referring to CF 8 specifically.

I had this problem at the beginning of the week. Greg suggested that, in my
case, it had occurred following a reboot he had done.

I don't know if he was correct, or if the situation applies in your case, of
course. But he suggested that I set a small delay on the CF service start
following a boot. He didn't explain why it might make a difference, and it
didn't seem like the right time to ask for a lengthy explanation.

But here's his suggestion:

If the ColdFusion Application Server Service does not start on system reboot
> the following workaround can be used to modify the time allowed for
> service startup:
>
>    1. Shut down the ColdFusion 8 Application Server service.
>    2. Open a DOS command window.
>    3. Run the following command to change directories:
>
>        cd \cf_root\runtime\bin
>
>    4. Run the following command to change the timeout value:
>
>        jrunsvc.exe -starttimeout 2000 "ColdFusion 8 Application Server"

I haven't actually tried it. And fortunately, I haven't had problems since
then.

But it's something you might try.

--
Thanks,