I posted about this a few weeks ago (JRun pegging for ten to twenty seconds
then dropping back down, etc), and the issue seemed to have gone away when we
moved everything to another machine.

However, in the past week our new machine has become unbelievably slow again,
but with the performance meters doing normal work, jumping around from 0 to 20
to 0 to 30 to 0 to 5 to 0 to 40, etc. Every once in a while it pops up above 60
but for the most part it's pretty low.

However, there is a lot of I/O going on, and the box itself is sluggish when I
log in via RDS, to the point where typing in the login name is an excerise in
moon lander control response sluggishness.

I just took snapshots of the Task Manager and uploaded them here:

http://support.mullertech.com/images.cfm?gpt=3&g=88&vcid=9

This site is hosted on the box so let me know if it takes a while to load the
images.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BTW, are there any tools that anyone knows about that can diagnose what all the
I/O work *is*? Like, is this all http loads (image and video files being
directly accessed via http) or some internal virtual memory swap fest?

Thanks,

Michael

--------
Michael Muller