I know that doesn't sound like it's CF-related, but the solution
probably will be in CF, I'll bet.

Anyway.I want to be able to determine the appearance order of
Real Estate agents on a page, other than by last name, etc.

I want a user to be able to specify the appearance, say, by number.
I could have an "display-order" column and use a number.

I would also want to have the numbers round up to the nearest 10
whenever a new agent is entered or when an agent's display order is updated.

Say, I've got two agents in the db.  First has display-order 10, second has
display-order 20.  A third agent is added who is to be displayed second, so
is given the display-order number 15 in the form.  When the form is submitted,
the first agent retains number 10, the new second agent's number is rounded up
from 15
to 20, and the agent whose number was 20 now has the number 30.  That way there
are always values between the agents' display-order numbers to add new agents.

Make any sense?

Would this be the best way to do this?  Other ways?

Thanks,

Rick