I remember getting that error when trying to complete a
long-running cfftp request.

It's been awhile, and I'm not sure what actually solved the issue,
but I did look back at the file and remember adding
<cfsetting requesttimeout="60000">
to the code at the top of the page.

Perhaps setting a high requesttimeout will help.

If I think of something else, I'll pass it on to you.

Rick