> I assume this means you don't set BLOCKFACTOR in those cases
> where doing so would slow CF down. (That is, those cases where
> the data returned exceeds 32K.)

There's nothing wrong with using BLOCKFACTOR when you're returning datasets
larger than 32Kb. In fact, that's the best time to use it. What you don't
want to do, according to the folks at Allaire, is use a value for
BLOCKFACTOR which would end up being larger than 32Kb. So, you find out the
maximum length of a single row in Kb, and divide that into 32Kb.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444