I don't think Enterprise will help you.  If you have unstable
applications, you have unstable applications.  Enterprise would let
you cluster multiple servers together, which might let you reduce
utilization per instance and potentially eliminate request timeouts
from CPU concurrency, but it's not going to solve memory leaks.
However, 350MB for JRun is appallingly low - you're clearly not
caching much.  What is using the other 3.5GB of RAM?  What other
processes are running on the box that might be competing with CF?
Have you done any performance testing of your apps under load?

Bottom line, Enterprise edition isn't any faster than Standard
edition.  It provides extra functionality (including faster email
spooling), but not any reduction in memory consumption, protection
against memory leaks, increased performance, etc.  Those are all
application and/or server issues, independent of the CF runtime.

cheers,
barneyb