Glad to hear I'm not totally off base with my settings.  My server has 4 GB
physical memory.  One thing I'm unsure about: you recommend using
'-XX:+UseParallelGC' for garbage collection.  I've read a few articles that
recommended '-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC' (which is what I'm using now).  Why do
you recommend ParallelGC?

Also, I haven't seen references to the '-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval' and
'-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval' switches before.  What do those affect?