> That was back when DW was a design tool and didn't have the code view.  It
> also had the horrible Mac disembodied windows.  We also were not happy with
> the first version of it after MM dropped CfStudio.  It has improved greatly
> along the road to 8.  I still wish they would make a version of it without
> the wysiwyg part.  That would be awesome.
>
> Eric

Yeah, I know I wasn't happy with DW at the time they dropped CFS. These
days it's the most productive way for me to work, in spite of still
being imperfect in several ways like the wysiwyg popping open on me. (Which
I may have just fixed thanks to somebody here making me doulbe-check my
prefs - doh!)

Personally I'm agnostic about the separate windows thing... I wasn't
enthused about the fact that GIMP had them, but it wasn't a turn off for
me either. What bugs me about GIMP is that the rest of its interface is
really unintuitive and challenging to learn. Someone the other day
mentioned to me the notion of a keyboard shortcut for "send to back" in
Unix versions instead of the Windows alt+tab "bring to front" as being a
better way of handling windowed interfaces and making the separate
windows a lot more sensible. I'd actually like to see that implemented
on Windows -- at least on hearing it, I thought it did sound like a good
design. But it's nowhere near compelling enough for me to start looking
for a Unix version I can install on one of my machines.

--
s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
 isn't it time for a change?

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog