"So do tell, what is it that makes you adore it so?"

Well, back when I started using PostgreSQL I had been using MySQL
3.23.x.   At the time MySQL did NOT do forced referential integrity,
stored procedures, custom functions or triggers.  I needed a few of
these tools and sought out a better database server.  I found
PostgreSQL did all that I needed and did so for small to huge
databases.  So I switched and never went back.

Sure I realize that MySQL grew up and added some of these or even all
of these features, but why switch back?  Plus MySQL had a year or two
of licensing and lawsuit issues that I could not predict the outcome
of for clients.  Now all that being resolved, both DB's are good
solutions, but I'll keep using PGSQL.

Yes, there is a bit of an Oracle flavor, kind of like mock crab legs
has a crab flavor.  You know it seems like crab but it isn't.  So
PostgreSQL may seem like Oracle but it isn't.

Cheers,

Wil Genovese

One man with courage makes a majority.
-Andrew Jackson

A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.