Just after i wrote that reply, i had occasion to go to the Microsoft
site again.  Right now there's a banner on the home page pointing to a
download of a 90 day trial of Microsoft Dynamics GP.    It has nothing
to way about what Microsoft Dynamics GP is or does.  simply that you
can download it.     So I click on that banner and go to a page that
tells me how to download it,  how to install it,  what the file size
it or how i can order a DVD of it.

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS IT??   Doesnt say.     All it says about what
Microsoft Dynamics GP is is this:  "Try Microsoft Dynamics GP and
learn how this complete and scalable business management solution can
help your growing or mid-sized organization get up and running quickly
and maximize the productivity of your people"

BUT WHAT THE HELL IS IT????    That 'motherhood' statement is roughly
a cut and paste from every product since DOS.

There's a link to Microsot Dynamics GP Overview, hidden off to the
right, and you have to make another click (now a total of 3 clicks
from the home page) to start to see what it might do.  And even there,
the product's real purpose is buried in a snowstorm of marketing-speak
that is almost as impenetrable as Swahili.

There's my point   I dont know if Microsoft has as one of its goals
for its site, "to inform".   But it does an abysmal job of that. As to
what exactly Microsoft Dynamics GP is and does, the only choice is to
download it, install it, configure it,  experiement with it,  and only
then you can find out if it is anything you might want to use.    You
have to work hard to find out even the most basic information.   I
guess no one's asked the question,  " why would anyone go to all that
trouble to install it and try it if they dont even know if they might
use it?"

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month