Al Musella, DPM wrote:
>     Seeing as how this type of sql injection attack is succeeding so
> much (even my favorite fishing website has been down for days due to
> it (it is a .cfm site))...
>   how about changing cfquery so that by default, only ONE sql
> statment can be sent.

That is a *very* bad idea since it would require CF to understand SQL.
And not just SQL as the standard defines it, but every dialect
implemented by every database. There is no way that CF would be able to
reliably do that.

If you want an example of how bad this would be just try and see what
happens if you take one of your current datasources, go to advanced
properties and unselect every operation except SELECT. Then run the
following statements:
<cfquery ...>
-- x
DROP TABLE x
</cfquery>
<cfquery ...>
SELECT 'test some string ; DROP c' FROM x
</cfquery>
<cfquery ...>
SET nocount on
DROP TABLE x
SET nocount off
</cfquery>

ColdFusion is a CFML engine. Everything that isn't CFML should be
treated as opaque. (And the current 'feature' to limit SQL operations
should be ripped out.)

Jochem