If you spent more time securing your variables then it wouldnt be much
of a problem..
E.G if you create a database field lname char(50), in CF check the
length before passing that variable to your CFQUERY..
There's isnumeric() to check for numbers, there's ways to help protect
yourself from this without going to the extreme that you suggest