It's a pity there isnt a way to stop these hackers coming to the site
in the first place.   I put Justin's script on some of my sites this
afternoon and my mail box is filling up, drawing my attention to how
many of these bloody attempts there are.   Up to now, i've just had it
happening automatically (instead of sending me an email, it was
logging into a database table) and i'd go looking at the table once in
a while to see how it was doing.

It's just plain annoying.   What's the point of the attacks?  What
does the attacker get out of it?   Is it just for the 'attaboy!' when
they get through and wreck a site for as long as it takes to pull the
back up on line? or is there some more malicious reason for doing it?

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month