Security in layers.

While it is usually best to thwart this style of attack at the
route/firewall, it is wise to have the extra layers at the
Apache/IIS/webserver, Coldfusion Application, CF Query and JDBC DB user
permission layers.  If the first layer is bypassed or compromised then the
next layer catches the attack and so on.  Having security in layers makes it
that much harder for someone to launch a successful attack.

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer