Have a look at sIFR - http://wiki.novemberborn.net/sifr

Uses JavaScript and Flash to dynamically replace text headings with
the desired font. It degrades gracefully so that user agents with no
flash or no javascript will just get the text. Search engine friendly
and no additional markup in your headings, and because it's Flash the
text is still selectable. The only actual Flash you'll need to do is
to export the font file (and that's a pretty simple process).

We use it on almost every site we create these days - check out the headings on
http://www.perththeatre.com.au/
http://www.creativequiltingservices.com.au/
http://www.richardsmyth.com.au/
http://www.fullcirclefeedback.com.au/