I was thinking that, if he was using cfimage (and heavily), that this
new hotfix from last week might be worth trying. Doesn't reference that
activity directly, but file locks could cause thread lock issues, which
might indirectly bounce CF.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403411

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com