>>Is there some way I can use cfhttp to access the files listed
on the web page and download them?

No, in order to use CFFTP, you need some FTP account on the aimed server.

 >>I click on the link and it takes me to a page in the browser that
lists the files I need.

Ok, then you do have the name of the files, and you can get them by
HTTP, not FTP.
Then you can extract the file names from the page, and get them using
CFHTTP.
Of course, extracting the file names from the page can be done for free
if you a fluent in regExp,
(this is to save Bobby some comments;-)
You can also get them more easily if RegExp is not your cup of tea using
CF_REextract, see
http://www.contentbox.com/claude/customtags/REextract/testREextract.cfm