Well, it's kind of cool that cf-talk is having the TDD argument.  Don't
really mind how it turns out.  Makes me feel good about being a CF
programmer.

@Bill,
Thanks for the links.  The thing that intrigues me about a lot of the TDD
debate, including these articles you point to, is that most of the anti-TDD
side of the argument ends up espousing pretty much all of the principles of
TDD in the very act of trying to refute it.

So a lot of the debate is actually about people reacting to what they see as
extremism and overly prescriptive statements.  IMHO, there's nothing wrong
with strongly stating a principle - everyone knows that principles get
modified in application - but it's true that some people get way too
personal about it.

The rest of the debate is along the lines of "I blindly followed the letter
of the TDD law while ignoring the principles and it didn't work for me -
therefore TDD is flawed."  The poster then lays out how they manage to apply
all the principles of TDD in some other way that is superficially different
from "cookbook" TDD.

So leaving those two smokescreens aside, I have yet to see anyone even
attempt to seriously contradict the principles of TDD - but I'm still
looking!

Jaime