I have a standalone Windows 2003 SP2 server running ColdFusion 8.01
Enterprise in multi-server mode. I have created 2 additional Windows
accounts on this server, mediumpriv and lowpriv with /expires:never and
/passwordchg:no. The mediumpriv account has been granted the "Log on as
a Service" privilege and the ColdFusion service is configured to run
under the mediumpriv account. This all works as it should.

I have a CF template that uses cfexecute to start a batch file named
bootstrap.bat. bootstrap.bat runs under the same account as CF,
mediumpriv. At the end of bootstrap.bat I have a runas command:
   runas /user:lowpriv /savecred "D:\lowpriv\run.bat %RunName%

What happens is that bootstrap.bat runs fine and spawns a new cmd.exe
process that indeed runs as lowpriv. Only that newly spawned process
doesn't do anything, it sits there without consuming any CPU time or
producing any output. Not even when the first line of run,bat is:
echo 'Started run %1' >> d:\lowpriv\run.log

The really weird thing is that I can make the process work by using
runas myself to start a command line as the mediumpriv user and then
starting CF manually from that command line. That runs as the same user,
with the same environment and works, whereas CF as a service doesn't.

Can anybody provide any insight into this problem?

Jochem