>I am in the market for a new laptop and am thinking abot grabbing a MacBook,
>more for my photography business and editing, than anything else. But Isaw
>the recommendation of a MacBook Pro for a development work station and was
>intrigued. I have been away from the development world for a while and am
>now back full time so I know I have missed some things.
>
>What would I need to make a MacBook (or MB Pro if that is the better choice)
>into a decent development machine?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Tiffany Trott

Tiffany,

Its very easy installing CF8 on a Mac. I use a Macbook for my personal work.
Its very easy installing the multi-server version and also the J2EE version.
Just follow the onscreen instructions for the multi-server install.

If you want to go for the J2EE version its a little bit more effort, mainly due
to tweaking Apache. I recommend using JBoss as your application server. Steve
Brownlee has some great tutorials on installing Cf8 on Jboss,
http://www.fusioncube.net/index.php/coldfusion-on-jboss-standalone-primer.
Another good tutorial shows how to set up apache with Mod-proxy to talk with
JBoss: http://www.fusioncube.net/index.php/coldfusion-on-jboss-with-apache-proxy

hth,

larry