>>is there a good bot/bad bot list?

Not as I know, anyway, one cannot rely on user agents which can be faked
so easily.
Personally, I let just a few known bots in, based on the IP address, the
only parameter that
cannot be faked.
For every other request, I have some tools that analyze automatically
every visitor according to some criteria as:
- Does it read robots.txt?
- fails in some robot trap?
- reads robots.txt but reads forbidden pages any way;
- requests pages at too high rate.
- reads javascripts but does not execute it.
- does not read CSS,
- clearly idenfies itself in the user agent or not.
etc...
.... and of course, presence of DECLARE or http in urls is the first test ;-)

 >>I have an IP- and bot-identifying based
system that works pretty well but I'm always up for newer and better

Such a system can only identify good bots for sure, but not bad bots and
fakes.
And the problem is not with good bots, but with bad guys.
I also have a white list and a black list, but their only purpose is to
bypass the rest of the tests.