On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:07 AM, Brad Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why don't you do what you're about to pay WebApper to do (Not that their
> expert advice isn't worth paying for :)?
>
> 1) Install SeeFusion with JDBC URL wrappers

webapper has already done this. =)  They're using SeeFusion for their
consulting gig but we have licenced FusionReactor for our own
purposes.  Though so far they've been unable to tell me why instance 1
is slower than instance 2.

> Do you have sticky sessions enabled?

Yes, had them enabled.  Disabled them and restarted services about 10
minutes ago.  Also changed the weighting to 50/50 .... for some
reason, isntance 2 is still handling 3x the requests.

> What's the chance that one or more users running long reports are getting
> stuck on instance 1 and dragging up the average page request?

I'm looking at a graph of "completed request time" right now... and
the requests on instance 1 are completing in an average of 800ms right
now.. while on instance 2 (keep in mind, instance 2 is handling 3x as
many requests), the average completion time is about 250ms.

Nothing appears to be dragging up the average page request.... every
page on instance 1 seems to be running slower.

> Do you have any scheduled tasks on instance 1 that are not on instance 2
> that would affect the overall average?

No.  There is one on instance 1 that runs at 6:30am but it wouldn't
affect the ongoing page request time, and it certainly wouldn't affect
the number of requests being directed at instance 1 vs. instance 2.

> Are both instances using the same jvm.config file?

Yes.  Same settings all the way.

> Are "save class files" and "trusted cache" enabled for both instances?

save class files is enabled.  Trusted cache isn't (for reasons I won't go into)

Rick