You're right, Mike...

I'm just using the CFC as more of a function library, not so much from
an OOP standpoint.  (I only learned to use CFC's effectively in the last
week or so :o)

I'll have to dig into the "this.validate()" method a little more to
understand it.
I did see it discussed in the livedocs, but figured that would slow
things down
a little too much for now.

Once I get CFC's down, I'll work on the OOP style more.

Don't want overload my little rowboat with too much of a motor!
I still need a trolling motor, not a twin-engine! :o)

Rick