Well... I finally figured out what the problem was.

It seems that CF didn't like having variables named with two underscores
in them.

I had these four field names that were causing problems.

- home_phone
- home_phone_time
- work_phone
- work_phone_time

Once I changed them to...

- home_phone
- home_calltime
- work_phone
- work_calltime

....everything began to run as expected.

Man, what a waste of time that was!

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

Rick