> I suspect that there may be a problem with our ClientStorage_log database as
> it's currently
> at 11.5 gigs and has to be cleared out once a month or so. I freed 4.5 gigs
> of space on this
> server by moving files off 2 days ago and within 24 hours that space was
> filled again. Could
> this be a security hole that is allowing our clientStorage_log db to get
> filled so quickly? I don't
> know the size of the clientStorage_log prior to moving the files off the
> server but it's by far the
> largest recently modified file in the past 4 days.

If you're using MS SQL Server to store Client variables, the recovery
model you've chosen for the database will control what happens when
the database is backed up by scheduled maintenance task. It sounds
like you've chosen full or bulk-logged, in which case you are
responsible for truncating the transaction log. If you choose the
simple recovery model, the transaction log should be truncated
automatically, if I recall correctly.

You can also reduce the number of database writes by disabling the
option in CF to keep track of Client.Hitcount and Client.LastVisit. If
you're not using those variables, you should disable that option.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/