> >I thought being built with Transfer it could be run against any of the
> >db platforms supported by Transfer? SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL?
>
> That makes sense - wasn't thinking for a bit, and simply scanned the
> CodeX website for details of databases, which mentions MySQL but not
> any others.

Ahh... he may not have gotten around to creating an installation script
for the other db's -- that may be the reason it says MySQL on the wiki
project site. I understand he has DDL on the roadmap for Transfer, so
future versions instead of having installation scripts will probably
just rely on the ORMs DDL tools the way my DataFaucet applications
currently "auto-install" themselves.

On the other side of the coin, Transfer has always included object
caching, which I never saw personally as needed within the ORM tool
before (I figured there may as well just be an external caching utility).

It's kind of funny because Mark made the comment that he hadn't seen the
need for DDL until listening to Hal Helms' CFConversations interview --
and I on the other side I already had it, but hadn't seen tuhe need for
built-in caching until a couple weeks ago when Joe Rinehart published a
couple of blog entries about ORMs.

So we seem to be sort of attacking the same problems from oposite ends
and coming to a place where they meet in the middle.

--
s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
 isn't it time for a change?

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog