This is more of a general question. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go
about implementing something.

My client wants to expand our sports clothing website to more than one
sport/website.

So for example, www.xsports.com would house:

www.xsportsvolleyball.com
www.xsportsbaseball.com
www.xsportstennis.com

I'd like to keep it all under one roof, and one database. I have the database
worked out, but just need help in thinking-out what the user sees, and how it
actually would work. Oh, each website would have a menu of links to its sister
sites.

What's the best way to go about setting up the domain names so my requests can
deal with each domain, show products from each separately, yet they'd be stored
in the same database.

Then there's the cart. Would you let folks store products from the different
domains, IN the same cart? Or is that even possible?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Will