>> thanks. I wasn't able to find a query mechanism either.
>>
>> the tree displays/works fine, but the app build process isn't right..
>
>Right... that's the reason why I was headed for using a query to build
>the tree, because in theory if you give it id/parent it should be able
>to build all the sub-nodes directly from the variables rather than
>saving anything to file. Same thing with the XML form and XSL transform,
>although XSLT is generally trickier to follow, which is why it wouldn't
>be my first choice to recommend.
>

>--
>s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
> isn't it time for a change?
>     ph: 781.769.0723
>
>http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog

yeh on the XSLT, I spent quite some time trying to use XSLT to convert some
non-XML data to XML, but it doesn't support recursion, yeow!.. didn't take much
to in CF at all.

but you MAY have given me a pointer.. maybe I can create my OWN cftree/query
type tag to generate the stuff inline.. (tree from xml), as my renderer is xml
agnostic
Sam