>I've never had any difficulty getting XSL to handle recursion, but like
>Dave Watts mentioned, it won't help you convert from non-XML data to XML.
>For that you need to roll your own code, which I'm guessing is what
>you're describing in the 2nd paragraph here. Yeah, your function can be
>used to create the recursion you need to get your non-XML data into the
>right format for your XML packet and then you can use XSL to convert
>that into whatever you happen to need in terms of HTML/JavaScript if you
>want to go with an HTML tree instead of a flash tree. (Though I hadn't
>realized there was a pre-XML step here.)
>

>--
>s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
> isn't it time for a change?
>     ph: 781.769.0723
>
>http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog

well, I had it ALMOST working.. jus the variable recursion stopped me..

anyhow,.. the CF HTML tree depends on just in time node presentation, not the
entire tree (stateless).. I have that working just fine.   but in this case,
the additional view of the data cannot be done easily with the CF html tree, so
I need to generate it manually.. XML tree has no UI... object is worthless(to
me), so its HTML or FLASH choices.

yes, I have an xml document that contains two blobs of structured, but non-xml
format data that I need in XML format. I just figured XSLT would be the
easiest.. wrongo..
and I needed to do this DURING the transfer process of the document. so
'transform' was the term that stuck.
anyhow.. I have lots of sections working, but am trying to clean it up
architecturally, performance, and maintenance wise.

Of course, I may have to end up at a raw dhtml tree to get everything I want
(node select boxes, cascaded select, etc).. but we'll deal with that when we
get there.

Sam