No, there is nothing inheritently wrong with it (though there are
articled reasons for not doing it:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/coldfusion/extreme/bforta_cfc.html). I
don't think there are any good reasons for doing it over using
modules/includes/custom tags either.

But anyways, the OP seemed to be having trouble with a simple problem
and the language used (ie. "not getting printed to the form")
suggested that perhaps he had come from another coding language
and was not aware of the other options, hence my hint. I may be wrong
in those assumptions but being aware of standard practice is no
irrelevent thing.

Dominic

ps. I am not confused with best practice / convention! :p