From: James Holmes [mailto:james.hol...@gmail.com]
Sent: 10. februar 2009 4:30
To: cf-talk
Subject: Session stickiness breaks in CF 8

We have an issue with our CF8.01 clusters in that sticky sessions will
intermittently break. The behaviour is very strange; the JSESSIONID
cookie seems to be ignored and the request is sent to the wrong server
by the Apache connector. A new session cookie is issued by the
instance but it's again ignored on the next request, starting the
cycle all over again. This will happen as long as the browser is open
or until all session cookies are cleared. Clearing the session cookies
in the browser results in the expected behaviour (session sticks to
one instance).

I've read this:

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_18680

and we're trying to see if this occurs only after a graceful restart
of Apache, but since clearing session cookies in the browser fixes the
issue we're not convinced it's the same thing.

The platform is CF8.01 Ent Multiserver (i.e. JRun) on SLES 10, Apache 2.2.

Has anyone experienced this before?

mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/